Italy In Perspective: Italian Art and Architecture Through The Ages
16-Day Tour of Rome, Florence, and Venice
January 13-18, 2020
Perspective Tours, LLC is pleased to announce “Italy in Perspective- Winter 2020”, our upcoming tour to Rome, Florence and Venice. We offer you a fully escorted tour with centrally located, first class accommodations (all rooms with private bath) at an excellent price.
Our hotels are in the three and four star categories, and the cultural and educational aspects of this tour are nothing short of deluxe. We will trace the development of Western civilization through the art and architecture of Italy, beginning with Greek and Roman antiquity and proceeding through the Baroque. The tour is specially designed for you to experience the masterpieces of the major periods of Western art, to appreciate them artistically, and to understand them in the contexts in which they were created. At the same time, you will come to better appreciate present-day Italy, since Italy’s past is
alive in its present. Of course, as you are having this wonderful educational experience, you will also be having a great time!
This tour is limited to 20 members, so in order to reserve your place please sign up NOW by returning the reservation form along with your $700 per traveler deposit as soon as possible. If you have any questions or need special arrangements, please call (410) 690-9458. Don’t miss this opportunity to make Italy of today and yesterday a part of your life!
- 7 nights Rome, 3 nights Venice, 4 nights Florence
- Accommodations in centrally located, three and four star hotels
- Round-trip air transportation
- All transportation between cities by high speed train
- Buffet breakfast
- Five dinners
- Entrance to all museums and other venues included in the itinerary
- Guided tour by a local expert at each site visited
Tour group is limited to 20 people.
Total cost: $3795
Single supplement: $500
- Jan. 3 (fri) Depart Dulles
- Jan. 4 (sat) Arrive Rome. Hotel Residenza in Farnese. Palazzo Altemps, dinner
- Jan. 5 (sun) Musei Capitolini, San Clemente, Santa Maria in Cosmedin
- Jan. 6 (mon) Musei Vaticani
- Jan. 7 (tues) Foro Romano, afternoon departure for Venice. Locanda la Corte, dinner
- Jan. 8 (wed) San Marco, Doge’s Palace, San Giorgio Maggiore, walking tour
- Jan. 9 (thur) Accademia, free time in the afternoon
- Jan. 10 (fri) Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari, Santa Maria della Salute. Afternoon departure for Florence Hotel Corona d’Italia, dinner
- Jan. 11 (sat) Duomo, Museo dell’Opere del Duomo, Santa Maria Novella, Cappella Medici, San Lorenzo, l’Accademia
- Jan. 12 (sun) Orsanmichele, Bargello, Galleria Uffizi
- Jan. 13 (mon) Ospedale degli Innocenti, San Marco, Laurenzian Library, Palazzo Pitti
- Jan. 14 (tues) Santo Spirito, Cappella Brancacci, Santa Croce, Cappella Pazzi
- afternoon departure for Rome Hotel Residenza in Farnese dinner
- Jan. 15 (wed) Piazza Navona, S. Maria della Pace, S. Luigi dei Francese, S. Agostino, S. Ignazio, Il Gesu’,
- Santa Maria Sopra Minerva, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Palazzo doria Pamphilij
- Jan. 16 (thur) S. Pietro in Montorio, Il Tempietto, Piazza Garibaldi, San Pietro (including necropolis), S.
- Maria degli Angeli, S. Maria della Vittoria, S. Carlo alle Quattro Fontane, S. Andrea in Quirinale, S. Pietro in Vincoli
- Jan. 17 (fri) Santa Maria del Popolo, Piazza del Popolo, Spanish Steps, Galleria Borghese farewell dinner
- Jan. 18 (sat) Arrivederci Italia!!