Treasures of Trinacria: From Antiquity to the Baroque
15 Day Tour of the Magical Island of Sicily
January 1- 15, 2023
5 nights Palermo, 1 night Agrigento, 3 nights Ragusa, 3 nights Siracusa, 1 night airport hotel
- Accommodations in beautiful, centrally located hotels and guest houses
- Round-trip air transportation
- All transportation between cities by motor coach
- Buffet breakfast
- Five dinners
- Entrance to all museums, archeological sites, and other venues included in the itinerary
- Tour with a local guide at each site visited
- Tour group is limited to 20 people.
TOTAL COST: $3995*
SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENT: $500
*. Price with flight is based on departure from Washington Dulles Airport. Departures from other cities can be arranged but the price may vary.
This year we've added 2 exciting days to Treasures of Trinacria in order to visit Ragusa, Modica, and Scicli!! I'm very excited to include these charming historic towns in our already fabulous itinerary. (For those of you who are fans of the Montalbano series, this will be especially fun since we'll be visiting all three towns where filming takes place.) Our accommodations there will also be special. We'll be staying in three guesthouses all next to each other in the heart of Ragusa Ibla and just a stone's throw from the Duomo.
Our accommodations in our other cities are also wonderful. The Hotel Eurostar Palace is located in an elegant 18th century palazzo in the Quattro Canti area of Palermo, the literal heart of the city. The Residenza alla Giudecca on the island of Ortigia in Siracusa boasts spacious apartment style suites in a medieval building built above an ancient Mikvah and a deconsecrated church.
In addition to our fantastic accommodations, all in the most central locations, our guides are top-notch and our itinerary is packed with a variety of incredible art, architecture, archeology and culture. And then, of course, there's the food. For me, Sicilian food is the best in all of Italy!
- Jan. 1 Departure
- Jan. 2 Arrive Palermo, late afternoon, Hotel Eurostar Centrale Palace Get settled. dinner
- Jan. 3 morning: Walking tour of Palermo with stops at Palazzo Reale and Cappella Palatina, San Giovanni degli Eremiti, Mercato Capo. afternoon: Il Cattedrale, Quattro Canti, Piazza Municipio, La Martorana
- Jan. 4 morning: Santa Caterina, Teatro Massimo, Museo Archeologico afternoon: S. Domenico, Oratorio dei Ss. Rosario di S. Domenico, Oratorio dei Ss. Rosario di S. Cita’, Palazzo Mirto
- Jan. 5 morning: Monreale afternoon: Palazzo Abatelis
- Jan. 6 Day trip to Cefalu’ late afternoon: free time in Palermo
- Jan. 7 Depart Palermo morning: Segesta afternoon: Selinunte; late afternoon arrival in Agrigento. Pensione Arco Ubriaco, dinner
- Jan. 8 Agrigento morning: Valley of Temples and Archeological Museum; mid-afternoon departure for Ragusa - B&B Sabbinirica; Il TrinaSicula; B&B Il Baiocco dinner
- Jan. 9 Day exploring the Baroque town of Ragusa
- Jan 10. Day visit to Modica and Scicli
- Jan. 11 Leave Ragusa for Siracusa. Residenza Hotel alla Giudecca; Stop at Piazza Armerina enroute for a tour of the Villa Casale and lunch. dinner
- Jan. 12 Day in Siracusa. Visit Archeological Zone, Greek Theater, Tomb of Archimedes, Archeological Museum.
- Jan. 13. Day in Siracusa: Tour of Ortigia, including the Cathedral, Santa Lucia alla Badia (Caravaggio’s St. Lucy is inside.), the ancient Mikvah Free time in afternoon. farewell dinner
- Jan. 14 Leave Siracusa for a day in Taormina. Visit the Greek Theater and the Odion. Free time in the town to enjoy the lovely shops, restaurants, and the magnificent views. Late afternoon, early evening flight to Milan and stay at the airport hotel.
- Jan. 15 Arrivederci Italia!