Treasures of Trinacria: From Antiquity to the Baroque
15 Day Tour of the Magical Island of Sicily
January 1- 15, 2022
Registration open now!!
- 5 nights Palermo, 1 night Agrigento, 2 nights Ragusa, 3 nights Siracusa, 1 night Catania, 1 night airport hotel
- Accommodations in centrally located, three and four star hotels
- Round-trip air transportation
- All transportation between cities by motor coach
- Buffet breakfast
- Five dinners
- Entrance to all museums, archeological sites, and other venues included in the itinerary
- Guided tour by a local expert at each site visited
- Tour group is limited to 20 people.
This year we've added 2 exciting days to Treasures of Trinacria in order to visit Ragusa and Catania!! Total cost will be listed very soon. Stay tuned!!
- Jan. 1 Departure
- Jan. 2 Arrive Palermo, late afternoon. Hotel Eurostar Centrale Palace Get settled. dinner
- Jan. 3 morning: Walking tour of Palermo with stops at Palazzo Reale and Cappella Palatina, San Giovanni degli Eremiti, Mercato Capo. afternoon: Il Cattedrale, Quattro Canti, Piazza Municipio, La Martorana
- Jan. 4 morning: Santa Caterina, Teatro Massimo, Museo Archeologico afternoon: S. Domenico, Oratorio dei Ss. Rosario di S. Domenico, Oratorio dei Ss. Rosario di S. Cita’, Palazzo Mirto
- Jan. 5 morning: Monreale afternoon: Palazzo Abatelis
- Jan. 6 Day trip to Cefalu’ late afternoon: free time in Palermo dinner
- Jan. 7 Depart Palermo morning: Segesta afternoon: Selinunte; late afternoon arrival in Agrigento. Pensione Arco Ubriaco, dinner
- Jan. 8 Agrigento morning: Valley of Temples and Archeological Museum; mid-afternoon departure for Ragusa (hotel to be tbd)
- Jan. 9 Day exploring the Baroque town of Ragusa
- Jan. 10 Leave Ragusa for Siracusa. Residenza Hotel alla Giudecca; Stop at Piazza Armerina enroute for a tour of the Villa Casale and lunch. dinner
- Jan. 11 Day in Siracusa. Visit Archeological Zone, Greek Theater, Tomb of Archimedes, Archeological Museum.
- Jan. 12. Day in Siracusa: Tour of Ortigia, including the Cathedral, Santa Lucia alla Badia (Caravaggio’s St. Lucy is inside.), the ancient Mikvah Free time in afternoon.
- Jan. 13 Leave Siracusa for a day in Taormina. Visit the Greek Theater and the Odion. Free time in the town to enjoy the lovely shops, restaurants, and the magnificent views. Night in Catania (hotel tbd)
- Jan. 14 Catania Late afternoon, early evening flight to Rome and stay at the Golden Tulip Airport Hotel.
- Jan. 15 Arrivederci Italia!