Treasures of Trinacria: From Antiquity to the Baroque
13-Day Tour of the Magical Island of Sicily
January 2- 15, 2021
Registration begins February 2020
- 5 nights Palermo, 2 nights Agrigento, 3 nights Siracusa, 1 night airport hotel
- Accommodations in centrally located, three and four star hotels
- Round-trip air transportation
- All transportation between cities by motor coach
- Buffet breakfast
- Five dinners
- Entrance to all museums, archeological sites, and other venues included in the itinerary
- Guided tour by a local expert at each site visited
- Tour group is limited to 20 people.
- day 1 Departure
- day 2 Arrive Palermo, late afternoon. Hotel Eurostar Centrale Palace Get settled. dinner
- day 3 morning: Walking tour of Palermo with stops at Palazzo Reale and Cappella Palatina, San Giovanni degli Eremiti, Mercato Capo. afternoon: Il Cattedrale, Quattro Canti, Piazza Municipio, La Martorana
- day 4 morning: Santa Caterina, Teatro Massimo, Museo Archeologico afternoon: S. Domenico, Oratorio dei Ss. Rosario di S. Domenico, Oratorio dei Ss. Rosario di S. Cita’, Palazzo Mirto
- day 5 morning: Monreale afternoon: Palazzo Abatelis
- day 6 Day trip to Cefalu’ late afternoon: free time in Palermo dinner
- day 7 Depart Palermo morning: Segesta afternoon: Selinunte late afternoon arrival in Agrigento. Pensione Arco Ubriaco, dinner
- day 8 Agrigento morning: Valley of Temples and Archeological Museum afternoon: tour of town of Agrigento
- day 9 Leave Agrigento for Siracusa. Residenza Hotel alla Giudecca Stop at Piazza Armerina enroute for a tour of the Villa Casale and lunch. dinner
- day 10 Day in Siracusa. Visit Archeological Zone, Greek Theater, Tomb of Archimedes, Archeological Museum.
- day 11 morning: Bus trip to the baroque town of Noto (very close by) afternoon: Tour of Ortigia, including the Cathedral, Santa Lucia alla Badia (Caravaggio’s St. Lucy is inside.), the ancient Mikvah dinner
- day 12 Leave Siracusa for a day in Taormina. Visit the Greek Theater and the Odion. Free time in the town to enjoy the lovely shops, restaurants, and the magnificent views. Late afternoon transfer to Catania airport. Fly to Rome and stay at the Golden Tulip Airport Hotel.
- day 13 Arrivederci Italia!